Once I leave the courthouse what do I do with the PSVI?
When you leave the courthouse with a temporary order it is very important that you take a certified copy to your local police department or Pennsylvania State Police barracks. A certified copy will have a raised stamp and a red seal that says "Certified from the Record."

Always keep a copy of the PSVI with you. If there are minor children protected by the PSVI provide a copy to the children's school or daycare center. You may also give a copy to your employer if you so choose.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Protecting Victims of Sexual Violence or Intimidation (PSVI} Act?
2. What does a PSVI order do?
3. How long does it take to file a petition for a PSVI?
4. When is the Court available for the filing of petitions for PSVIs?
5. What if I can't get to the Court during those times or show up too late to file?
6. Who Can Obtain a PSVI Order?
7. How Do I file a petition for a PSVI?
8. When is the hearing?
9. Do I really need an attorney for a PSVI hearing?
10. What Can a PSVI Order Do?
11. How Much Does a PSVI Order Cost?
12. Once I leave the courthouse what do I do with the PSVI?
13. What If an Abuser Violates the PSVI Order?