How can my local Domestic Violence Center help?
In Chester the County the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County (DVCCC) can assist with matters related to domestic violence. Their toll-free number is 1-877-711-6270 or the local number which is 610- 431-1430.

A domestic violence advocate can help victims with many services. They may be able to help victims fill out a PFA petition or go with the victim to court. Advocates can give victims information about the county PFA process and help victims to make a safety plan.

What a victim says to a domestic violence program advocate is confidential. By law, an advocate cannot repeat what victims tell them, even if called into court by a judge. The only exception is that the advocate must report it if the victim reveals that a child is in danger of being abused. Confidentiality between victims and advocates means that victims can speak freely about their circumstances and plan
for their future safety.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order?
2. How long does it take to file a petition for a PFA?
3. When is the Court available for the filing of petitions for PFAs?
4. What if I can't get to the Court during those times or show up too late to file?
5. Who Can Obtain a PFA Order?
6. How Do I file a petition for a PFA?
7. When is the hearing?
8. Do I really need an attorney for a PFA hearing?
9. What Can a PFA Order Do?
10. How Much Does a PFA Order Cost?
11. Once I leave the courthouse what do I do with the PFA?
12. What if an Abuser Violates the PFA Order?
13. Are PFA and Protection Orders Valid Across State Lines?
14. How can my local Domestic Violence Center help?