Once I leave the courthouse what do I do with the PFA?

When you leave the courthouse with a temporary order it is very important that you take a certified copy to your local police department or Pennsylvania State Police barracks. A certified copy will have a raised stamp and a red seal that says "Certified from the Record." Always keep a copy of the PFA with you. If there are minor children protected by the PFA provide a copy to the children’s school or daycare center. You may also give a copy to your employer if you so choose.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order?
2. How long does it take to file a petition for a PFA?
3. When is the Court available for the filing of petitions for PFAs?
4. What if I can't get to the Court during those times or show up too late to file?
5. Who Can Obtain a PFA Order?
6. How Do I file a petition for a PFA?
7. When is the hearing?
8. Do I really need an attorney for a PFA hearing?
9. What Can a PFA Order Do?
10. How Much Does a PFA Order Cost?
11. Once I leave the courthouse what do I do with the PFA?
12. What if an Abuser Violates the PFA Order?
13. Are PFA and Protection Orders Valid Across State Lines?
14. How can my local Domestic Violence Center help?