Can your office help me with any legal advice?
No, we are not permitted to give legal advice. We suggest consulting an attorney by referral through the Chester County Bar Association. If you have financial constraints, contact Legal Aid of Southeastern PA at If you chose to represent yourself, information is available at the Law Library located on the 2nd floor of the Justice Center, 201 W. Market St., West Chester, PA.Legal Aid of Southeastern PA

Show All Answers

1. What methods of payment are accepted by the Prothonotary’s Office?
2. Are docket entries available on-line?
3. Can I file a pleading by faxing it to the office?
4. How do I obtain a copy of my divorce decree?
5. How can I change my address that is listed on the docket?
6. Does your office conduct title searches?
7. Can your office help me with any legal advice?
8. Can I obtain a copy of my Marriage License at the Prothonotary’s Office?
9. The Prothonotary’s Office processes Passport applications, do you offer Visa applications?
10. Can I obtain copies of birth or death certificates from the Prothonotary's Office?