How do I get a certified copy of my marriage license?

Requests for Certified Marriage Records are accepted in person or by mail. Application for the Marriage License must have been made in Chester County, PA from 1931 to the present. Marriage records cannot be certified unless and until the duplicate marriage certificate has been returned to this office by the officiant. The certification is signed by the Assistant Clerk of the Orphans' Court. In some instances, for example, Foreign Registration of the Marriage or Foreign Adoptions, the certification must be signed by the Elected Clerk of the Orphans' Court and the Court. You must determine which type of certification is needed. Refer to the section on Marriage Records for a Foreign Country for more details. A form for requesting certified marriage records is available in the  Forms and Documents section. Walk-in requests are processed immediately. Please allow 7 to 10 working days for processing of mail-in requests. All requests require the following information: Name of both applicants at the time of application Date of Marriage Daytime Telephone number for all mail-in requests $20.00 fee payable with Cash, Credit Card, or Money Order ONLY. Please do NOT mail cash. Make money order payable to "Clerk of the Orphans' Court." If the request is by mail, a self-addressed, stamped envelope must be enclosed for the return of the Certification. Mail the request to: Marriage License Department, Chester County Justice Center, 201 W. Market Street, Suite 2200 PO Box 2746, West Chester, PA 19380.

Show All Answers

1. What are the requirements to apply for a marriage license?
2. Is photo identification required?
3. How do I get a certified copy of my marriage license?
4. We are getting married in another State or foreign country. Where do we get our license?
5. Can I register my marriage in Pennsylvania if it takes place in another State or foreign country?
6. Is there a central registry of marriage licenses in Pennsylvania?
7. I live in Chester County but my marriage is taking place in another county in Pennsylvania. Where can I get my marriage license?
8. Do I need a minister, judge or other officiant to perform my marriage ceremony?
9. Are officiants required to register or be licensed in Pennsylvania or the County before performing the marriage ceremony?
10. How do I get a self-uniting license?
11. Does Pennsylvania recognize common-law marriages?
12. At what age is a person no longer a minor in Pennsylvania?
13. Why do you need my social security number to apply for a marriage license?
14. What if I have a social security number but refuse to provide it?
15. What happens if I do not have a social security number?
16. Marriage applications are public record. I do not want my social security number given out to the public.