What if I do not agree with the board decision?
If you do not agree with the Board decision, you may file for a hearing before the Court of Common Pleas within 30 days of the date on the notification of the result from the Board.

Chester County does not have a "form" for such an appeal. For information pertaining to the appeal process, contact (1) the Chester County Law Library at 610-344-6166 regarding Chester County Local Rules of Civil Procedure applicable to Appeals from Real Estate Assessment and (2) the Prothonotary's Office at 610-344-6300 regarding filing fees and civil cover sheets.

Show All Answers

1. What is millage?
2. How are millage rates determined?
3. How do I calculate my approximate property tax based on the posted millage rates?
4. What is an assessment?
5. What is an Interim Assessment?
6. When is an interim assessment effective?
7. How are interim assessments reported?
8. What's the significance of property assessment?
9. What is the market value?
10. What causes market values to change?
11. How do I, as the property owner, appeal an assessment and/or the effective date?
12. How do I appeal my current assessment?
13. How do I change my Tax Billing Address?
14. How can I obtain Assessment data reports or electronic files?
15. Is an appeal processing fee required?
16. How do I obtain an appeal form?
17. What are the different types of hearings?
18. Where are the appeals held?
19. Who hears the appeals?
20. How will I be advised of my hearing date?
21. What is the appeal hearing procedure? CLR?
22. What if I do not agree with the board decision?