What happens at Conciliation Conference?
At the Conciliation Conference, you and your attorney will have the opportunity to speak with and present information to the Custody Conciliator, who is an attorney assigned to handle your custody case. The Custody Conciliator will make a recommendation as to legal custody, physical custody and any other issues concerning the children that need to be addressed. In the absence of an agreement on these issues, the Conciliator’s recommendation will become a Temporary Order which will remain in effect until further proceedings in the case.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to attend the Mediation Orientation session?
2. Who else must attend the Mediation Orientation?
3. Am I required to continue with mediation after the orientation session?
4. What is a custody mediator?
5. What happens at mediation?
6. Can we have additional mediation sessions?
7. Can the mediator provide legal advice?
8. Can we reach an agreement at the mediation?
9. If we sign an agreement at mediation, do I still have to go to the Custody Conciliation Conference?
10. If we don’t sign an agreement at mediation, can we still agree before the Custody Conference?
11. If we want more time to mediate to reach an agreement, can we push back the date of the Custody Conference?
12. If we don’t sign an agreement, do I have to attend the Custody Conference?
13. Should I look into obtaining a lawyer for my custody case?
14. How do I find a custody lawyer?
15. Will I have to attend a Parenting Class?
16. Can I change the date for Parenting Class?
17. Where and when is Parenting Class held?
18. Should I bring my child(ren) to Parenting Class?
19. Will I have to attend a Conciliation Conference?
20. What happens at Conciliation Conference?
21. Will my child or children be permitted to attend the Conciliation Conference?
22. What is the difference between mediation and the Conciliation Conference?
23. If I am not satisfied by the outcome at the Conciliation Conference, can I get a trial in front of a Judge?
24. Can a Custody Order be modified?
25. Can I just write a letter to the Judge asking for a change in custody?