How can I get my record expunged?
After a juvenile’s case is closed they may be eligible to have their records expunged (legally erased). This eligibility depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, age, the nature of the offense and the time that has passed since the case has been closed.

Having a juvenile record can have serious consequences. It can impact employment, acceptance into college or the Armed Forces, or from working in certain professions such as teacher, childcare worker, or lawyer.

Juvenile delinquency records are NOT automatically expunged. To get the records expunged a Motion for Expungement must be filed with the Juvenile Court.

For questions concerning expungement eligibility or to request the expungement instructions/forms, contact Joe Dodds, from the Juvenile Probation Department Legal Unit either at: 610-344-6394 or [email protected].

Show All Answers

1. How can I get my record expunged?
2. Are Hearings open to the public?
3. Do I need to hire a lawyer for court?
4. May a juvenile be fingerprinted or photographed?
5. What is the proper attire for Court?
6. I have received a letter from the court, what do I do?