How do I record a new deed if there was an error?

You cannot alter any documents once they are recorded. In order to replace the current deed, you will need to have a new deed prepared and recorded in our office. This is usually referred to as a Deed of Correction. It is generally best to have someone with some degree of expertise in this field, such as an attorney, to draft the new deed .

Show All Answers

1. When do your records go public? Are all records public?
2. How can I receive a copy of a recorded document?
3. How do I find the UPI number and the current owner(s) of a property?
4. How do I record a new deed if there was an error?
5. What happens when I pay off my mortgage?
6. What are recording requirements for a Subdivision Plan?
7. What is Real Estate Transfer Tax?
8. How do I check restrictions, easements, and liens?
9. How can I determine my property line?
10. Do you have plans that show the location of buildings, dwellings, and sheds?
11. How do I determine the location of old wells & septic tanks?
12. I am interested in the history of my property. Where do I start?
13. How can I record my military discharge paperwork (DD-214)?
14. How do I record my Notary Bond and Commission?