November 29, 2021 - December 9, 2021
313 West Market Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Toys for Tots Drive
Monday, November 29, 2021
Please bring a new, unwrapped toy or book to drop in our Toys for Tots Collection Box before the end of the business day on Thursday, December 9th. The collection box is located directly inside or outside the lobby door of Suite 3302.
Ages 0-18 accepted. Items for older children are especially needed.
-Toys that look like weapons
-Toys with candy or food
-Toys with chemicals (i.e., experimental labs, acid, crystal projects, etc.)
Alternatively, you can make a monetary donation directly to the local Toys for Tots Foundation at https://chester-county-pa.toysfortots.org/. You can also select and donate a toy online at https://toysfortotsbox.com/.
Barbie or baby dolls, stuffed animals, art supplies, jewelry, nail and craft kits, action figures, toy trucks, RC cars, Legos and erector sets are all on the wishlist for "Santa." Items for older children may include Bluetooth speakers, sporting goods, board games, books, makeup and nail polish, and more. Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) puzzles and activity kits are also a great addition (exclusions apply). The overall campaign cannot accept clothes, used toys or ones that include realistic weapons, candy or food or chemicals like experimental labs, acid, crystal projects, etc.
Toys for Tots of Chester and Southern Montgomery Counties serves all of Chester County, as well as a small portion of Montgomery County centered on Norristown that is not covered by another campaign. This year, so far, Toys for Tots of Chester and Southern Montgomery Counties has received applications for nearly 15,000 children. According to its website, last year the group collected and distributed 20,161 toys to 10,227 children.
Since 1947, Toys for Tots collects and distributes toys to children from homes that cannot afford to buy gifts for the holidays. In that time, 604 million toys have been collected and distributed to 272 million children. The program is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve Foundation. According to its website, it remains a top-rated charity, with more than 97% of donations going directly to its mission. The remaining 3% spent on support principally covers fundraising expenses—not one donated dollar goes to salaries or any other manpower costs.