- Twelve secured detention beds are for alleged and adjudicated delinquent female youth between the ages of 10 and 21.
- Thirty-six secured detention beds are for alleged and adjudicated delinquent male youth between the ages of 10 and 21.
The purpose of detention is to provide temporary, secure, and safe custody to youth who are involved in the juvenile justice system process. All detention services and programs are designed to promote the health and well-being of the youth committed to its care.
The secure detention services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. These year-round services include:
- Case management
- Classroom instruction
- Drug and alcohol assessments
- Family visiting hours
- Indoor / outdoor recreational activities
- Medical and dental care
- Optional religious counseling
- Psychological and psychiatric services
All youth placed in detention are by the authorization of the Chester County Juvenile Probation Office and the Chester County Court of Common Pleas.