Flu Vaccine Protects You, Your Family and Our Community!
The single most effective protection against flu is getting a flu vaccine. It is recommended that all people aged 6 months and older receive a flu vaccine every year.
Many additional measures have been put in place this year to keep flu clinic staff and clients healthy and safe.
Registration is required.
Why the Flu Vaccine is More Important than Ever this Year
| It’s likely that flu viruses and the virus that causes COVID-19 will both spread this fall and winter. Healthcare systems could be overwhelmed treating both patients with flu and patients with COVID-19.
The flu and COVID-19 have many similar symptoms (cough, chills, fever, body aches). This means getting a flu vaccine this year is more important than ever to protect you and your family.While getting a flu vaccine will not protect against COVID-19, there are many important benefits, such as:
2020 Community Flu Clinic Schedule
|Unionville High School
CLINIC REGISTRATION FULL
|October 1||3 PM - 7 PM|
|Kennett High School||October 8||2:30 PM - 6:30 PM|
|Gordan Early Literacy Center||October 15||3 PM - 6 PM|
|Owen J Roberts Middle School||October 19||3 PM - 6:30 PM|
|Collegium Charter School||October 22||3:30 PM - 6:30 PM|
|West Chester East High School||October 24||9 AM - 1 PM|
|Octorara High School||November 9||2:30 PM - 6 PM|
|Coatesville Area Senior High||November 12||2:30 PM - 6:30 PM|
|Phoenixville Area Middle School||November 16||4 PM - 7 PM|
You can also schedule an appointment at the Health DepartmentSelect Tuesdays 9 AM – 1 PM
Wednesdays 2 PM - 6 PM
Fridays 9 AM – Noon
Flu Clinic Key Reminders
What should I bring?
What should I wear?
What can I expect?
Cost of a Flu Vaccine
- If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card with you to the clinic. Participating private insurance plans can be billed.
- If you do not have insurance, you will still receive a flu vaccine and will not pay any out-of-pocket costs.
What Flu Vaccines Are Available at the Health Department?
- Regular 4-strain flu shots for people aged 6 months and older
- Flublok egg-free flu shots for people aged 18 and older
- Fluzone High Dose flu shots for people aged 65 years and older
- Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine is unavailable this year at the Health Department