Family Court


If you are inquiring about a custody matter, you are strongly encouraged to seek legal advice. If you do not have an attorney, you can reach out to Legal Aid at 877-429-5994 or the Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service at 610-429-1500.

en Espanol
Family Court Administration is responsible for divorce/equitable distribution, custodyprotection from abuse, and Hearing Officer support. Matters of child and spousal support are handled by the Domestic Relations Office.

Divorce and equitable distribution conferences and hearings, custody conferences and support hearings are held on the 5th Floor of the Chester County Justice Center. However, some hearings are scheduled before an assigned judge. All notices will indicate where parties shall report at the designated time. Parties and their lawyers should check in at Room 5402 for custody conferences, long-day support hearings, and divorce conferences and hearings. Parties and their lawyers should check in at Hearing Room A for support hearings.

Juvenile Court

Juvenile Court consists of dependency matters involving the Department of Children, Youth and Family and delinquency matters involving the Juvenile Probation Office

Dependency Court

Dependency Court is located on the 5th floor of the Chester County Justice Center, Hearing Room H.  For questions, call 610-344-6983.

Dependency Process Links

Delinquency Court

Juvenile delinquency matters involve an allegation that a child committed a delinquent act. If your child has been charged with an offense, please contact the Juvenile Probation Office.

Parenting Coordinators

Resource Links