1. How do I access the online application form?
Applicants should select the DCD initiative for which they are applying. Click here to view open applications and select the appropriate application link(s). New applicants will create an account and password to access DCD grant applications.
2. I didn’t pass the eligibility quiz. Why not?
The quiz questions are designed to make sure that an organization fits the criteria of the Chester County Department of Community Development programs. If you received a message that your proposal does not meet the funding guidelines and would like to discuss applicant eligibility, please contact DCD.
3. After saving my application, how do I return to review, edit, and submit it?
If you would like to save your application and complete it later, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save & Finish Later" button. You will be asked to enter an email address and password. You will receive an automated confirmation email providing you with a link to use to return to the application and your My Account page. When you are ready to complete the application, you will need to click on the link provided in the email, or click here and enter your email address and password.
4. Can I return to the original link to access the application?
No, accessing that link will start a new application. You must use the link provided in the email or log in here to continue the original application.
5. I have entered my email address and password and still cannot access my application or My Account page.
Please double check your entries to make sure that you have not misspelled anything. Ensure that you are using the same email address you used to initially log in and create your account. DCD can also transfer an organization's contact to a new email address.
6. I have logged into my account and my application is not listed.
If your application is not found, you did not save the application properly and you will need to start a new application. Many applicants find it helpful to draft their answers in Word or a Google Doc before pasting into the DCD application.
7. I forgot my password. What do I do?
Go to the application sign-in page; click the link that says “Forgot Password?.” You will receive an email to the email address you entered at the time you submitted or saved the application along with your password.
8. May we reapply after receiving a grant?
Yes, if your organization is awarded a grant from DCD, you are eligible to re-apply in the next funding cycle.
9. What are DCD's application deadlines?
Each application has a specific expiration date and time; at this point the application will immediately deactivate and late submissions will not be accepted.
10. Does DCD use only online applications?
Yes. We only accept applications submitted online. Please ensure that you save in-progress applications frequently and before the submission deadline.
10. May we partially complete our application and come back later to finish it?
Yes, as long as you have logged in to the application and select "Save & Finish Later" it will be saved for you.
11. May we review the application without filling it out?
Although an account login and password is still required, a copy of the application is available in the application system. Click on the Printer Friendly Version to see the entire application.
12. Will the application require documents or attachments?
Yes. At the end of the application, there are required (and optional) documents that must be attached before the application may be submitted.
13. We are having difficulty uploading a required document as an attachment, it is stating the file type does not match. What can we do to resolve this?
Please ensure that you upload a document matching the accepted file type for the specific attachment into that particular field. Additionally, ensure file sizes are not too large. You may also contact DCD for application assistance.
14. We still have questions...may we contact you?
Yes. Please contact the Chester County Department of Community Development at 610.344.6900 or email the appropriate contact(s) listed in the application guidance.