Maps, Reports and Data
View a collection of interactive maps that show various water resources information where you can search for a specific location look over information broadly. See the maps ...
Presented here is a collection of static maps that show various water resources information on a county-wide map. See the maps ...
Monitoring data and information gathered by USGS scientists for Chester County (water quality, turbidity/sediment, and biodiversity) provide scientific data to help assess the state of our watersheds. Learn more ...
From the water we drink to the streams, lakes, and rivers in which we play, the conditions of Chester County’s water resources impact the lives of every resident. Monitoring of water quality allows us to evaluate progress and whether or not we are maintaining or improving water resources.. Learn more ...
While the current chloride levels are below the drinking water standard, the trend is increasing and is expected to continue to increase. View the factsheet.
Watersheds was adopted in 2002 by the Chester County Board of Commissioners as the water resources element of the County's Comprehensive Plan, Landscapes. One of the components of Watersheds are specific strategies, criteria, and recommendations for municipalities and others to protect water resources while accommodating for planned growth. Learn more ...
A 2004 collaborative study led by West Chester University described some of the principle factors that affect the health of the ponds within the County and outlined some techniques to assist owners in managing their ponds. Learn more ...
List of Watershed Plans Completed for Waters/Watersheds in Chester County
This Compilation of all plans and studies in Chester County were conducted by various entities and agencies, some plans dating as far back as 1968. The type of plans included range from water resources inventory studies to restoration plans to watershed conservation plans. The list does not include scientific research studies that occurred in Chester County’s watersheds. A sampling of some of this local research conducted by USGS can be found here.
- Geology, Hydrology, and Ground-water Quality of Chester County, Pennsylvania
- CCWRA: Advancing Water Management to Meet Future Needs
- County-Wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Ordinance
- Clean, Fresh Water: Connecting Costs and Challenges
- Return on Environment: The Economic Value of Protected Open Space in Chester County
- Return on Environment: Environmental Value of Protected Open Space brochure
- Green Guide for Property Management
- Clean Water Partners: Make It Your Business to Reduce Water Pollution and Flooding
- A Farmer’s Guide for Healthy Communities: An Introduction to Agricultural Stormwater BMPs
- Green Guide to Clean Water for Residents
- Results of PADEP Aquatic Assessment - Brandywine and Red Clay Creek Watersheds (5/20/2010)