Training & Exercise
It is our goal to provide both Chester County and regional stakeholders with the most current emergency management training and exercise initiatives so you and your organization will be better prepared for the future.
Important Training Links
Exercise Design Team
Chester County Department of Emergency Services Exercise Design Team is made up of staff members across all discipline areas within CCDES. The Exercise Design Team will assist your organization in any way possible to develop a comprehensive exercise plan encompassing all the different types of exercises. All exercises and exercise documents are developed and implemented according to the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines.
This team is available to any organization or business in Chester County wishing to better prepare themselves for emergencies.
HSEEP provides a set of guiding principles for exercise and evaluation programs, as well as a common approach to exercise program management, design and development, conduct, evaluation, and improvement planning. For more information on HSEEP, please visit their official website by clicking here.
What does the Exercise Design Team do?
- Coordination of all exercise planning activities as well as documentation.
- Assisting in developing exercise objectives and scenarios based on an organization/agency’s existing plans, policies, or procedures.
- To test and evaluate plans, policies, and procedures (including new ones).
- Identify weaknesses in a plan that should be addressed.
- Identify gaps in resources.
- Provides an opportunity to improve inter-agency coordination and communications.
- To clarify roles and responsibilities.
- In some instances, to satisfy government requirements.
Fill out the Exercise Request Form and a team member will connect with you regarding your inquiry.