Springton Manor Farm Guided Group Tours
Take a guided tour of the Great Barn complex and learn fun facts, hear stories, and view the Springton Manor Farm animals.
Initially part of a William Penn Manor, Springton Manor Farm has been in agricultural use since the early 1700’s. On this 300-acre demonstration farm is the Barn Complex that consists of the Great Barn, sheep shed, goat shed, a roost and equipment shed. You may see miniature donkeys, rabbits, calves, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens and peacocks.
Journey through 250 years of Chester County farming in the Family Farm Museum located within the Great Barn. See seasonal tools and apparatus used on Chester County farms from the 1700’s to the 1900’s.
Guided Group Tours 2020
- Tour Season: March 31st though May 28th
- Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Times: 10 AM, 11 AM or 1 PM
- Length: 45 - 60 minutes
- Minimum Tour Size: 10
- Maximum Tour Size: 25 (includes ALL adults & children)
- Price: $3 per person (chaperones, parents, siblings, etc). Only teachers are free. ($30 minimum)
Schedule a Guided Group Tour
- Submit a Request Form at least 6 weeks prior to desired tour date. Be prepared to provide information regarding:
- Staff will respond to your request within a few days. If you do not hear back in a week, give us a call at 610-942-2450.
- Once all information is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with information regarding payment, tour expectations, park amenities, weather cancellations, etc.
Planning a Self-Guided Tour?
If you have a group planning to visit without going on a staff-guided tour, we ask that you please call the park office at 610-942-2450 to let us know. As visitation to the farm increases in the spring, this will help avoid conflicts with other programs that may be scheduled.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash or Checks made payable to Treasurer of Chester County. Cash must be presented at the park office. Please do not mail cash. We do not accept credit card payments.
- Is there a charge for teachers/ chaperones?
Fees are charged for students, chaperones, parents, siblings & other guests touring with your group. Teachers are free.
- What if my group is larger than 25 guests?
We may be able to divide your group into different starting locations (i.e. one in the barn while the other is in the field). Or we can start a tour with one group while the other is having lunch or enjoying the park.
- May we bring food for the animals?
Our animals are on controlled diets, so please do not feed them without staff permission. Guests are welcome to bring treats like carrots or apples, but please check with a ranger before feeding any of the animals.
- What if it rains on the day of my tour?
Tours are held mostly in sheltered areas, so light rain will not affect your tour. Heavy rain or thunderstorms may cause a cancellation.
- Is there food service at the farm?
No. There are a few picnic tables near the lower parking lot and across from the pond. Public restrooms are behind the Great Barn.