Events + Permits
- Sheep & Wool – May 1: Springton Manor Farm - Virtual Event 2021
- Earth Day – Volunteer Plantings - Milkweed for Monarchs: May 1, 2, 17 + 18 at Multiple Park Locations
- Old Fiddler's Picnic – August 14, 11 AM - 4 PM at Hibernia County Park (Rain Date: August 15)
- Exton Community Day – September 25, 4 - 9 PM at Exton Park (Rain Date: September 26)
- Warwick Fall Festival – October 9, 10 AM - 3 PM at Warwick County Park
FREE Summer Concert Series In The Parks
We're excited to bring even more family fun to our parks this summer! Our FREE Summer Concert Series begins June 17th. Mark Your calendars because you won't want to miss these incredible performances!
- Sin Brothers - June 17th, 6-8 PM at Nottingham County Park
- Jack Marshall - June 24th, 6-8 PM at Wolf's Hollow County Park
- The Flying Komorowski Brothers - July 15th, 6-8 PM at Hibernia County Park
- Hake & Jarema - July 22nd, 6-8 PM at Springton Manor Farm
- Chestnut Grove - August 26th, 6-8 PM at Warwick County Park
FREE Summer Movie Series In The Parks
But the fun doesn't stop there! Join us throughout the summer for more of your favorite family movies in each of our main park locations. Who's ready for some summer family fun?
- Disney's The Jungle Book - June 15th, 8:15 PM at Nottingham County Park
- Disney's Peter Pan - June 22nd, 8:15 PM at Wolf's Hollow County Park
- Disney's Toy Story - July 13th, 8:15 PM at Hibernia County Park
- Babe The Gallant Pig - July 20th, 8:15 PM at Springton Manor Farm
- Disney's Robin Hood - August 24th, 8:15 PM at Warwick County Park
NEW FOR 2021! Camping at Hibernia Park begins in April and continues Friday and Saturday nights through the end of November, weather permitting. Camping is available Sunday nights for the weekends of Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Availability is first-come, first-served and the person registering must be at least 18 years old and one of the campers.
Fiddler's Campground is enclosed by woods but close to Fiddler’s Field and Mercer Stage. This campground is recommended for small camp trailers and RVs. There is no dump station available. Quiet generators are permitted.
Lake Campground is partially-wooded, partially-open and within view of Chambers Lake. Boat/kayak launch accessible. Tent camping only.
|Pavilion Type||Mon. - Thurs.||Fri. - Sun.
|Small Pavilion - Resident||$25||$50|
|Small Pavilion - Non-Resident||$35||$70|
|Large Pavilion - Resident||$30||$60|
|Large Pavilion - Non-Resident||$40||$90|
A location or venue can be the most important factor in planning any special event. All other planning is in some way based upon the location, whether it is size, scope, logistics, or other requirements. It is because of these important factors that we recommend obtaining a permit for the location as the first step of any special event.
The Chester County Department of Parks + Preservation (CCPP) hosts a wide variety of special events throughout its Parks + Trails including festivals, community events, non-profit fundraisers, weddings, 5K's, trail runs and rides, celebratory or awareness activities, etc. We welcome new and returning events alike. We will walk you through our special event permit process and provide information, rules, and regulations that are important in planning your event.
Individuals or groups wishing to host a special event on park property or trail must apply for a special events permit. Our team looks forward to working with you on creating a successful event with experiences and memories to last a lifetime!
Host a Special Event at a Chester County Park or Trail
Please read the following information carefully before completing the permit request. Please submit the request, along with $25 non-refundable application fee. Applications need 60 days notice for processing.
- Any organized activity involving the use of open fields, multiple facilities and roadways, which include or necessitate the deployment of additional county staff, emergency services personnel, or volunteers for the safe and orderly movement of people, the proper use of CCPP resources and other public infrastructure, and the conduct of activities involving a higher potential of risk and liability shall require a Special Event Permit. While we have tried to make this process as simple as possible, please be aware that in some cases, you may need to contact municipal, state or federal agencies in addition to CCPP for specific permits.The applicant may be any member of the sponsoring organization who has been authorized by the organization to apply. The authorized applicant must be 18 years of age and available to work closely with the park staff throughout the process.
- The special event is not confirmed until all necessary pre-event fees are paid, additional requirements are submitted, and the department has reviewed and approved your special event permit request.
- The application process begins with electronic submission of a special events request. Intake of the application does not imply approval or confirmation of the request.
Fees & Costs
- $100 assembly fee will be collected for each approved event. If approved, the non-refundable $25 application fee will be credited towards the assembly fee.
- Applicant is required to provide a certificate of general liability insurance including bodily injury and property damage in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence with an aggregate of $2,000,000 naming County of Chester as an additionally insured. Insurance coverage must be maintained for the duration of the event. Be sure to upload this document when you submit your special event request.
Rules & Regulations
- A CCPP park or trail cannot be reserved for the exclusive use of one group. Access to the parks by the general public must be available at all times. Areas may be roped off or otherwise secured if CCPP grants this as a specified condition, but we cannot guarantee that the public will not enter the event area. Please keep in mind that our regional parks are in excess of 300 acres with several in excess of 600 acres; multiple uses of the parks do not normally compromise your event.
Set Up/ Assembly
Parking/ Shuttles/ Mitigation of Impact
Toilet Facilities/ Sanitation/ Recycling
- Applicant must provide one portable toilet for every 200 people anticipated. This figure is based upon the maximum anticipated event participants.
Entertainment/ Attractions/ Related Activities
Crowd Control/ Security/ Supervision
- A plan for crowd control and security may be required as part of the application.
Moving Route/ Street Closures
- When planning a moving route (e.g. trail race) on or beyond county real estate, applicant is required to submit a plan identifying all road crossings, travel routes and closures. This will be evaluated as part of the planning process. The following must be considered in planning the route: Applicant will be required to obtain all traffic safety equipment required. Depending on the type of event, this may require barricades, traffic cones, signs, etc. Any volunteers along the route will be required to wear the current standard visibility vests.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to comply with all established disability requirements applicable to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- CCPP must issue formal approval of the event prior to the start of any promotion or advertisement of the event.
Cancellation/ Weather Policy
- CCPP has the right to cancel or shut down an event due to severe weather conditions. Applicant is encouraged to have an Inclement Weather Plan.
Affidavit of Application
Thank you for considering a Chester County Department of Parks + Preservation Park or Trail for your upcoming special event.