Walking Tours of Hibernia Dam
Learn About Hibernia Dam and Chambers Lake
Since 1996, Hibernia Dam and Chambers Lake have been providing recreation, water supply and flood protection for residents in Chester County.
Join the Chester County Water Resources Authority for a 50-minute walking tour of Hibernia Dam and learn about the history of the dam, how the dam functions, recent improvements and how and when releases are made.
Walking tours are scheduled for
Tuesday, October 20 at 2:00pm, Full
- Tuesday, October 20 at 3:30pm,
- Saturday, October 24 at 9:00am, and
Saturday, October 24 at 10:30am. Full
The tours will start at the parking lot for the public boat launch for Chambers Lake at Hibernia County Park. The parking lot is located at 202 Wagontown Road, Coatesville, PA 19320.
If you are a person with a disability and wish to join the tour and require an auxiliary aid, service, or other accommodation to participate, please call the Chester County Water Resources Authority at 610-344-5400 to discuss how we may best accommodate your needs.
There is no charge. In order to provide a safe and engaging tour, registration is required and we are limiting each of the four tours to 25 people.
- Everyone will be required to wear masks,
- Keep at least 6 feet away from others (with occasional exceptions),
- CCWRA will provide hand sanitizer and wipes.
- Complete the a health screening form when arriving for the tour,
- Please take your temperature at home before coming to the tour. If you have a fever with a temperature over 100 degrees, please do not come to the tour.
Registration: Please register to participate in a tour by:
- phone: 610-344-5400 (if you register over the phone please leave an email or cell phone that we can use to contact you in case bad weather forces us to cancel the tour),
- email: email@example.com or
- online registration form:
• Tuesday, October 20 at 2:00 pm: Tour is Full
• Tuesday, October 20 at 3:30 pm: Registration link via EventBrite
• Saturday, October 24 at 9:00 am: Registration link via EventBrite
• Saturday, October 24 at 10:30 am: Tour is Full
Weather Policy and What to Wear
This event may be cancelled if the weather is poor. If the forecast is for rain or other poor weather, call the Chester County Water Resources Authority at 610-344-5400 to confirm that the event will still take place.
The tour will include walking about 1/2 mile through areas with tall grass; please wear clothing that can get a little wet.
The tour will also include a climb of a small hill to get to the crest of the dam, although you are welcome to skip that portion of the tour if you are not comfortable with the climb.