Mental Health First Aid Classes – Learn to recognize, understand and respond to signs of a mental health or substance use challenges in adults or young people. No clinical or mental health background is required. Classes begin with a two-hour online section, and participants receive national certification upon completion of the full course.
Classes are offered both in-person and virtually - please note when registering. Class sizes are limited and are offered at no cost to participants.
Two types of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) classes are offered. Adult MHFA is for adults helping adults. Youth MHFA is for adults helping youth (age 12-18). Use links below to register and for more information.
- August 16, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - Youth MHFA - register by August 10
- September 1, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - Youth MHFA - must register by August 24
- September 23, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM - Adult MHFA - must register by September 15
- October 19, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - Youth MHFA - must register by October 8
- October 27, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM - Adult MHFA - must register by October 19
- November 4, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM - Adult MHFA - must register by October 27
- November 18, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - Youth MHFA - must register by November 10
- December 3, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - Youth MHFA - must register by November 25
From the Department of Human Services
Free half-day trainings for families and professionals cover a wide array of topics related to mental health, substance abuse, recovery, parenting and more. Classes are scheduled throughout the year.
Question, Persuade, Refer Training (Suicide Prevention Training)
Learn to recognize a mental health crisis and the warning signs that someone may be contemplating suicide.
Bright Futures Fall 2022
Bright Futures offers free classes through the Department of Mental Health/Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities. These classes are designed for adults in mental health recovery with employment or education goals. Students will learn basic computer, job search, and interviewing skills.