- Court Administration
- Public Access
Beginning January 6, 2018 unless required by applicable authority, the following information is confidential and shall not be included in any document filed with the court or custodian, except on a Confidential Information Form filed contemporaneously with the document.
- Social security numbers
- Financial account numbers except the last four digits when the financial account is the subject of the case and cannot otherwise be identified
- Driver license numbers
- State identification numbers (SIDs)
- Minors’ names and dates of birth (except when minor is charged as a defendant in a criminal matter)
- Abuse victim’s address and other contact information in family court actions (including employer’s name, address and work schedule)
Beginning January 6, 2018, unless required by applicable authority, the following documents are confidential and shall be filed contemporaneously with a court or custodian with the Confidential Document Form.
- Financial source documents
- Minors’ educational records
- Medical/psychological records
- Children and Youth Services records
- Marital property inventory and Pre-Trial Statement as provided in Pa.R.C.P. No. 1920.33
- Income and Expense Statement as provided in Pa.R.C.P. No. 1910.27(c)
- Agreements between parties as used in 23 Pa.C.S. § 3105
- A court or custodian is not required to review or redact any filed document for compliance with this section. A party’s or attorney’s failure to comply with this section shall not affect access to case records that are otherwise accessible.
- Failure to comply with the requirements may allow the court to,upon motion or its own initiative, order the filed document sealed, redacted, amended or any combination thereof.
- A court may impose sanctions, including costs necessary to prepare a compliant document for filing in accordance with applicable authority
Confidential Information and document forms obtained online should be printed on blue paper. Copies of the blue forms are available in the filing offices and the Chester County Law Library.
Every filing must contain certification language regarding compliance with the public access policy. The certification does not need to be produced on blue paper.