The Chester County Women’s Reentry Assessment & Program (WRAP) is a specialized program that integrates gender-responsive, risk/need assessment, supervision, and programming in collaboration with community case management to reduce recidivism, decrease technical violations of community supervision and increase the health and well-being of justice involved women, their families, and communities. Women are engaged in assessment and case planning using the Women Risk Need Assessment (WRNA). The assessment tool includes risk for re-offending and identifies the strengthens of the women with the goal of increasing pro-social skills to reduce criminal behavior. The program focuses on trauma history to identify barriers to women’s sobriety and engagement in services.
- Women returning to their Chester County communities from incarceration
- Women struggling to succeed while on probation or parole
- Women who, without evidence-based interventions, may be at an increased risk for re-offending
- Women struggling with basic survival needs (housing, employment, mental and physical health, family, etc.)
- Women with histories of trauma and chronic adversity
- Engaged in assessment and case planning.
- Frequent contact with specialized probation officers and case managers.
- Participate in evidence-based programming (Moving On)
- The goal of Moving On is to provide women with alternatives, free from criminal activity, by assisting them to mobilize and build person strategies, natural supports and community resources.
- Comply with Court ordered conditions.
- Supervision may include the SELF Program, a trauma informed, psycho-educational group to begin addressing the fundamental problems surrounding exposure to violence.
Case Management and Supportive Programming
Our partners at Home of the Sparrow provide case management services. These services are available to all women in the WRAP program and can include assistance with housing, employment and education, childcare, transportation, mental health treatment, drug and alcohol treatment, life skills and other basic needs.
Additional community partners include Wings for Success, Chester County Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC), The Crime Victim’s Center of Chester County Inc., Chester County Health Department, and Chester County Department of Human Services.
WRAP has been selected as one of the top 25 in Harvard’s Innovation in Government Award for 2017.
For more information, call Chester County Adult Probation, Parole and Pretrial Services at 610-344-6290.