Protection from Abuse

How do I get a Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order?

During Business Hours (M-F, 8:30AM with the last hearing held at 3PM) The victim must go to Family Court located on the 5th floor of the Chester County Justice Center. Please bring a short statement including date, time, and description of the alleged incident of abuse. The narratives should be one page in length.

After Business Hours

The victim must go to the on-call District Justice for an Emergency PFA. The victim should call his or her local police department to find out which District Justice is on-call. The Emergency PFA is only valid through the close of the next business day. For example, if a victim obtains an Emergency PFA on a Friday evening, that PFA is only valid through Monday at 4:30 p.m.

en Espanol


The following agencies are available to assist victims in filing a PFA petition and for accompanying the victim to court.