Programs & Services
The Chester County Department of Emergency Services offers a number of public education opportunities for the residents of Chester County.
9-1-1 TourThe 9-1-1 Center tour explains how to use 9-1-1 and also demonstrates what goes on behind the scenes. The tour is approximately one hour. Tours can be scheduled during day or evening hours. Appropriate for ages 5 and up.
The Department of Emergency Services is available to come to your community event or open house. We will provide a table display with literature on various emergency topics. The following equipment is also available for display:
- Comm 1 - Mobile Communications Vehicle is used to provide communications during large incidents from the scene to the 9-1-1 Center
- IST Incident Support Team Trailer is used at large, multi-disciplined incidents as a command post
- HazMat Response Vehicle is used for incidents where hazardous materials may be involved. The vehicle stores specialized equipment and is used to transport the response team to the incident.
Emergency Services offers displays, handouts and personnel to attend your events. Displays available on the following topics:
- Emergency Information
- Emergency Medical Services
- 9-1-1 Education
- Wally the Wise Guy is a very wise turtle because he knows whenever there is danger, he’s safe when he goes inside his shell. Wally teaches children (and their parents) how to be safe during a chemical emergency.
- Eddie the EMT spends his time helping out on an ambulance and becoming an EMT.
- Chester, the 9-1-1 Bear helps our staff get the word out about how and when to use 9-1-1.
All programs are offered free of charge as a service to our community.
- 9-1-1 Public Information
Chester County Department of Emergency Services
601 Westtown Road, Suite 12
West Chester, PA 19380