E-Filing Instructions for Attorneys
In order to receive electronic notices regarding filings, notices and orders, please make sure that you file an official “Entry of Appearance.” By filing an Entry of Appearance electronically, you will automatically receive court orders and notices electronically, rather than through the US mail.
Attorneys paying online with a credit card must set up a separate Financial Administrator account.
The following documents will not be accepted via e-filing and must be filed by paper:
- Chester County Family Court Filings
- Election Appeals and Challenges
Create an Attorney Account
- Access the E-Filing System
- Read and accept the User Agreement
- Select User Role: Attorney (or Attorney with Municipality if ever filing on behalf of Municipality)
- Select a company or add a new company. Check the list and pick your company name if it appears in the dropdown menu. If you do not see your company, create it with the "new company" button. If your company has multiple locations, please contact our office so that we may set up the account.
- Once you select or create your company name you will be prompted to fill out profile information and create a username and password. When completed, click submit. When submitted, your account request will be processed by the Prothonotary’s office. You will receive an email that your account has been approved. Be sure to keep track of your username and password.
- Once approved, set up a "Financial Administrator Account" so that you can link your attorney account to a wallet later in the process. You may file documents that do not require a filing fee without a wallet, but if your filing requires a fee, you cannot file and pay for it unless you are linked to a wallet.
- The Financial Administrator account cannot be created in Chrome(use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Edge etc.)
- Create a Financial Administrator account and link your Attorney account with a card (see instructions below).
- Discover, Mastercard and Visa are the acceptable forms of payment for civil online e-filings
- It is the financial administrator's responsibility to remove attorneys access to credit cards once an attorney leaves the firm.
- To do this: Log in>Account Settings>Assign credit card>Find attorney who left>Unclick box under assign>Click Save Changes.
Create Financial Administrator Account
- Request Account on Eflex Login Page
- Read and accept the User Agreement
- Select User Role: Financial Administrator
- Select company you belong to from the dropdown menu. It is important to select the correct company so that your financial administrator account matches your attorney account
- Complete the required fields in the Request User Account. Review the information for accuracy on the “User Account Requested” page and select “OK” if correct. Your account request will be processed by the Prothonotary’s office. You will receive an email when your account has been approved. Be sure to keep track of your username and password.
Create a Wallet
- Once you receive an email approving your financial administrator account, log into your financial administrator account.
- Under Account Settings, click Add under "Wallets Accounts
- Click "Create Credit Card Token"
- Enter your credit card billing information. Review and agree to terms.
- Review your information for accuracy and click “Create Token”
- A message will appear - Token created successfully. Click "Finish”.
- Name the account under “Enter An Account Description” (i.e. “Visa”). Click submit
Assign Credit Card to Attorney
- While logged into your Financial Administrator Account, go to Account Settings
- Select “Assign Credit Card Accounts”
- Use the dropdown box to choose a Credit Card to link, then check the “Access to Card” box next to the corresponding attorney