Uncontested Divorce Procedure and Forms


The forms and instructions that are available from this website are not a substitute for professional legal advice. Court employees cannot give you legal advice or help you complete the forms. This information is for reference and research purposes only. It is your responsibility to read and complete the forms and to take any required steps to file and serve the documents. If you decide to use these forms in your divorce action, be prepared to spend appropriate time gathering information, completing forms and following the Rules of Court. The Court assumes no responsibility for the use of these forms and accepts no liability for actions taken by using these documents, including reliance on the instructions and/or contents. To obtain legal advice and to insure the proper use of these materials, you should contact a lawyer.

For assistance in obtaining an attorney, visit Lawyer Referral Service.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you can seek free legal representation by contacting the Legal Aid Intake Unit.

If you do not qualify for Legal Aid but have a no-asset divorce matter, you may qualify for the Chester County Bar Association's Access to Justice Program. Chester County has the only Bar Association in the state with this unique, award winning program. The program provides free legal services for the working poor who don't qualify for Legal Aid services. Call 877-429-5994 (weekdays 9am-1pm)

No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (c) of the Divorce Code - Mutual Consent

Section C is used when both parties want to get a divorce and both parties are available and willing to sign legal documents stating they consent or agree to end the marriage. 

No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (d) of the Divorce Code - Two Year Separation

Section D is used when the parties have already lived separate and apart for at least two years. In this type of divorce, the defendant's consent may not be not required.  If you wish to proceed under Section 3301(d), contact an attorney.

Other Divorce Issues

If you wish to seek a fault divorce, annulment or have other issues related to divorce or separation, contact an attorney.