COUNTY-WIDE ACT 167 STORMWATER MANAGEMENT PLAN
2019 Chester County Municipal Stormwater Summit
Adapting to Changing Trends in Chester County: Growth, Rainfall Patterns, and Stormwater
September 20, 2019, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Chester County Public Training Safety Campus
137 Modena Road, Coatesville PA 19320
Pre-registration is not required and there is no registration fee.
The County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan Ordinances have been adopted by 100% of Chester County's municipalities in 2013/2014. County-wide Act 167 Plan Contents
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection approved the “County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan for Chester County, PA” on July 2, 2013 (as submitted). The State, through Act 167, requires that all Chester County municipalities adopt the ordinance requirements included in the Plan.
Please note, the Plan is more than just the model ordinance (Appendix D) and the components of the Plan are comprised of the following, as shown in the bulleted list.
The County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan for Chester County, PA
(March 27, 2013; DEP Approval 7/2/13)
- "Watersheds, An Integrated Water Resources Management Plan for Chester County, PA and its Watersheds" (54 MB, 244 pages, mostly color - Takes a long time to download!)
- "County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan Addendum to Watersheds, An Integrated Water Resources Plan for Chester County, PA and Its Watersheds"
(Addendum - without Appendices (PDF, 23 MB, 8.5x11, 37 pages, 5 color)
- Chester County Board of Commissioners' Resolution No. 08-13
- Addendum’s Full size 11x17 color figures (PDF, 14.2 MB, 4 pages)
- Appendix A - Watershed Plan Advisory Committee (WPAC) Members, Meetings and Communications (PDF, 32 pages)
- Appendix B - Ordinance/Standards Committee Members and Meetings (PDF, 2 pages)
- Appendix C - Public and Stakeholder Meetings (PDF, 9 pages)
- Appendix D - County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Model Ordinance
- Appendix E - Matrix of Minimum Mandatory Standards for Municipal Ordinances (PDF, 27 pages)
- Appendix F - Christina Basin TMDL Implementation Plan (C-TIP) Partnership Members, Meetings, and Communications and Correspondence with PADEP and EPA (PDF, 5 pages)
- Appendix G - Christina Basin MS4 TMDL Plan (Part 1 - MS4 TMDL Strategy) (PDF, 3.3 MB, 8.5x11, 62 pages, 1 color)
- Appendix H - Certification of Ordinance Adoption
CORRECTIONS to County-wide Act 167 Plan Model Ordinance (as of 12/17/13) as follows:As a result of questions raised by various persons preparing municipal County-wide Act 167 ordinances, two corrections have been identified by reviewers that should be considered by those who still can -
- On page 20 (of the PADEP approved Model Ordinance), the text to be inserted as Section 106.D, paragraph 1, first sentence, line 6 should be corrected to INCLUDE Section 301, and to be consistent with Section 106.C., “Note to Editor” regarding Section 106.D., Table 106.2, and Section 106.E. The revised sentence should read “… to comply with the requirements of Sections 301, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, and 310, and Article IV, Article V, Article VI and Article VII of this ordinance (as shown in Table 106.2).”
- References in Model Ordinance to “Chapter 92” of PA Codes should be updated to reflect updated numeration of the most recent version of the PA Codes; “Chapter 92” has now become “Chapter 92.a” (Chapter 92 is now a “reserved” space with no content; the appropriate content for NPDES program is now included in Chapter 92.a.) References to Chapter 92 found in the Model Ordinance include: Article II - Definitions - Point Source; Article II Definitions - Regulated Earth Disturbance Activity; Article III - Section 303.A.1.b.
Implementation ResourcesPADEP Answers and Instructions (from Workshop No. 2), click here.
Certification of Ordinance Adoption - WORD version, click here.
Simplified Approach Handbook - Modified Cover Page for Modified Handbook,
Examples of Ordinance Language for Inclusion (OPTIONAL) - WORD versions
Act 167 slideshow may be helpful. You are free to edit the file as desired.
PADEP Act 167 Plan Reimbursement Information
- Go to PADEP's elibrary webpage to locate the latest version of the folllowing documents (in the search window, type in the document number "3930-FM-WM0059"):
- PADEP Instructions
- PADEP Reimbursement Form - WORD version