Records, Guides & Indexes
- Administrative and Road Records
- Atlases and Maps
- Birth, Marriage and Death Records
- Civil Court and Debt Related Records
- Coroner's Records
- Criminal and Prison Records
- General Holdings List
- Land Records
- Licensing and Civil Lists @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Military Records
- Naturalization Records
- Poorhouse and Pauper Records
- Probate, Estate and Guardianship Records
- Property Research Guide
- School Records
- Servant and Slavery Records
- Tax and Census Records
- Township and Borough Boundaries @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Chester County Archives currently only provides indexes to our records. Digital access to the originals is only available in our public research room. We encourage researchers that may have questions about our records to contact us via email or visit our facility. While our staff cannot perform extensive research, we will help direct you to resources that may be useful in your research.
It should also be noted that record indexes on our website are just indexes. Using an index or an abstract is never an adequate replacement for viewing the original record. Although we have made an attempt to extract pertinent information to help identify each record, we have not extracted all the information from each record. Therefore it is strongly recommended that researchers view the original record.
If you locate a record on our website and would like to obtain a copy, please email us the reference(s) and we will provide you with a price quote and mailing instructions.