Jurors whose service date is Monday, September 28, 2020, should report to the Justice Center by 9:30 AM. if your pool order number is 1-89.
After you receive and respond to your juror summons, you must call the Jury Information Line: 1-800-223-JURY (1-800-223-5879) or 610-344-6597 after 5 p.m. each day prior to your service dates. Instructions concerning reporting time will be given via a recorded message. Please listen carefully and follow all instructions.
- Monday and Tuesday - Call on Sunday and Monday evenings
- Tuesday and Wednesday - Call on Monday and Tuesday evenings
- Wednesday and Thursday - Call on Tuesday and Wednesday evening
- Friday - Call on Thursday evening
If there is a sudden illness or emergency which will prevent you from appearing on your service date, please call 610-344-6174 before 9:00 am.
Reporting for Jury Service during COVID-19
The Court continues to closely monitor the ongoing state of emergency related to COVID-19. The Court has implemented preventative measures necessary to aid in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 within the Justice Center that reflect federal, state and local government orders and guidance.
The staff frequently cleans and sanitizes all areas utilized by jurors throughout each day. The number of jurors has been reduced to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Your pool order number does not reflect the number of people reporting for jury service.
To support physical distancing, we are asking all prospective jurors and other individuals to do the following:
- Everyone entering the Justice Center must wear a mask;
- Your temperature will be taken by a sensor thermometer device prior to entering the security checkpoint;
- The number of people permitted in the elevators at the same time will be extremely limited. (Public stairways are available for use for those who feel they are physically capable of walking to the 5th floor);
- You are permitted to bring your own plastic water bottles;
- All employees and visitors are required to complete a symptom survey when entering the Justice Center;
- Maintain a minimum of six (6) – foot distance between yourself and others;
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or if not available, your elbow;
- Do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact;
Unless otherwise directed by your summons or the phone-in procedure, report to the Jury Assembly Room (Suite 5325) on the 5th Floor of the of the Chester County Justice Center. Please check the Justice Center Safety Protocols page before arrival to learn about any COVID-19 safety protocols currently in place.
When jurors report, they are greeted by court personnel and given badges with their juror number and asked to be seated until jury orientation commences. During the jury orientation video, the names of those individuals present are identified and entered into the computer system for random selection to juror panels. The jury staff then calls a person’s name, waits for a response and assigns the juror a seat. When the process is complete, the panel is escorted to the courtroom for the selection process know as "voir dire".
Prospective jurors not selected are returned to the Jury Assembly Room for possible assignment to other panels. At the end of two days, those not selected as jurors or not specifically asked to return (when voir dire extends beyond the 2nd day) are dismissed. Those selected to serve on a jury are dismissed at the end of the trial.
Courthouse Security Guidelines
Upon entering the building you must pass through a metal detector please do not bring glass bottles, pocket knives, scissors, knitting needles, guns or mace.
Please use good judgment and dress conservatively. We suggest simple business attire that is comfortable and not extreme in style. This helps maintain the dignity of the court. Blue jeans, shorts, tank tops, and tee shirts are not suitable.
Parking is available in the Chester County Parking Garage (214 West Market Street) directly across the street from the Justice Center. The County will pay for your parking in this parking garage only. You must show the information sheet to the attendant of the garage in order to obtain parking. When entering the garage proceed to the third floor where the attendant will be on duty between 8:00am-8:30am to admit jurors. Plan to arrive accordingly. When approaching the two gates located on the third floor please utilize the gate on the left hand side.
Reminder: If you leave the garage during the day you cannot get back in.
In case of inclement weather, please check one of the following resources for information: