Park offices, structures, and other amenities will be closed at all parks.
Even though our park offices are closed to the public we are still working to provide services and answer all of the questions. Please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 610-344-6415.
Hardwood forests, meadows, wetlands, and the French Creek* are all jewels within Warwick Park’s 535 acres.
In the 18th and 19th centuries, Warwick’s woodlands provided much of the raw timber used to make charcoal for the region’s iron furnaces and forges. Remains of the iron industry can still be seen at various charcoal hearths along old cart paths.
The park features an ADA -accessible fishing deck along the French creek, a portion which meanders through the park. An ideal site for nature study, the Horse-Shoe Trail, extending from Valley Forge to the Appalachian Trail, adds length to the numerous miles of multi-use park trails.
The park also contains various pavilions, single-family picnic tables, two age-appropriate play areas, a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit and a quoit pit.
South of the day use area lies Pennsylvania’s only surviving Fink Truss, patented by Albert Fink in 1854. In 1870, the Chester County Commissioners contracted with the Phoenix Iron Works, Phoenixville, to make a pedestrian footbridge across the French Creek. The “bridge to nowhere,” which incorporates the restored Fink Truss, is now used as a scenic overlook of the French Creek Valley.
*French Creek has been rated an “exceptional value” waterway by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources