County Court of Common Pleas
- Safety Protocols for entering the Justice Center
- Declaration of Judicial Emergency - 15th District / Español
- Administrative Order 9-2020 - Declaration Judicial Emergency - 2nd Amendment /Español
- Policy Regarding Custody Exchanges and COVID-19 Regulations
- Additional Covid-19 Related Administrative Orders and Policies
As per the amendment to Administrative Order 9-2020, all court functions of the Court of Common Pleas and Magisterial District Courts are being restored effective June 2, 2020. The only exception to this order is the continued suspension of jury trials. No jury trials shall begin sooner than August 3, 2020. All coronavirus related safety precautions and protocols shall remain in effect. This includes social distancing, the wearing of masks while in the Justice Center and the courts, staggered court proceedings and use of advanced communication technology when appropriate.
- Everyone entering the Justice Center must wear a mask.
- In the Justice Center, your temperature will be taken by a sensor thermometer device after moving through the security checkpoint. Please follow the directions of Sheriff Deputies.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- The number of people permitted in the Justice Center elevators is limited to 2.
- Public stairways are available for use
- We strongly encourage limiting attendance at hearings to essential participants.
- Anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.) or with a known recent exposure to COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the Justice Center or the Courts.
Chester County Court of Common Pleas
The Court of Common Pleas of Chester County is a general jurisdiction trial court located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. The Honorable John L. Hall is the President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County.There are 13 full time Judges and 1 Senior Judge. The Judges hear a wide spectrum of cases, including adult and juvenile criminal prosecutions, lawsuits involving money or property, divorce, custody disputes, child support issues, adoptions, and estates.
In addition to court staff and Court Administration, the court supervises the following offices:
- Bail Agency
- Court Reporters
- Domestic Relations
- Juvenile Probation
- Law Library
- Probation, Parole and Pretrial Services
- Civil & Criminal Trial Lists by Judge
- 2020 Judicial Calendar
- Miscellaneous List
- Name Change Publications
- Equitable Distribution Trial List
- Legal Calendar
- Audio Visual Equipment Request
- ChescoPIN - Court Dockets
- Child Support
- Civil Forms / Filing Tips
- Family Court
- Interpreter Request
- Language Access Plan
- Local Rules of Court
- Protection from Abuse
- Supreme Court Policy Non Discrimination & EEO