An option that allows the elderly to live independently on their own while receiving services and supports that meet the health and personal needs of the individual.
Living Independence for the Elderly (LIFE) is a managed care program that provides a comprehensive all-inclusive package of medical and supportive services. The program is known nationally as the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). All of the PACE providers in Pennsylvania have the name ‘LIFE’ in their name. The first programs were implemented in Pennsylvania in 1998.
To be eligible for LIFE, you must:
Services available to you under the LIFE provider include:
· Adult Day Health Services
· Audiology Services
· Dental Services
· Emergency Care
· End of Life Services
· Hospital and Nursing Facility Services
· In-home Supportive Care
· Lab and X-ray Services
· Medical and Non-medical Transportation
· Medical Specialists
· Optometry Services and Eyeglasses
· Nursing and Medical Coverage 24/7
· Nursing Care
· Personal Care
· Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapies
· Primary Medical Care
· Recreational and Socialization Activities
· Social Services
· Specialized Medical Equipment
Locate a LIFE Provider in your area, or call the toll free Long-Term Living Helpline: 1-800-753-8827.