DUI Program Overview
OverviewIn 1977 the Alcohol Highway Safety Program in Pennsylvania was formalized as a result of
Court Reporting Network (CRN) Evaluation
The CRN evaluation is required for all DUI offenders in the State of Pennsylvania. The purpose of the CRN is to determine if you will be referred
- Driver’s License or form of identification
- Criminal complaint
- Date of arrest
- Blood alcohol content (BAC)
- $75 CRN fee (must be paid prior to the evaluation (cash, credit card, check or money order) at the Probation, Parole & Pretrial Services Office.
Alcohol Highway Safety School (AHSS)
The Chester County DUI Program is certified through the Alcohol Highway Safety Program of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide this
AHSS is held at the Government Services Center. Class options:
- Saturday and Sunday, 9AM-4PM - It is suggested that you bring a lunch.
- Monday and Tuesday, 9AM-4PM - It is suggested that you bring a lunch.
- Spanish Language classes are held on Sundays, 9AM-4PM for two consecutive weeks.
- Credit card
- Check or money order made payable to Chester County DUI Program
If you miss a class without a previously approved excuse, you will be assessed a $50 rescheduling fee. This fee must be paid at the DUI Program offices prior to your make-up class.
If you live within a
The objectives of the AHSS are to provide students with a basic knowledge and understanding of alcohol and controlled substances and their effects on metabolism and judgment, alcoholism and drug addiction, as well as highway safety, to encourage a positive change in student’s attitude concerning driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
You will receive a copy of your CRN evaluation and a Certificate of Completion for the AHSS. In addition, a copy of your CRN and your AHSS completion date will be provided to the Probation, Parole & Pretrial Services department.