2016 Hunting Summary
Archery Hunting for White-Tailed Deer
Regulated archery hunting for white-tailed deer will take place at Exton Park; Black Rock Sanctuary; Springton Manor Farm; and Warwick, Hibernia, Nottingham and Wolf’s Hollow County Parks during all open archery hunting seasons in predetermined areas beginning October 1, 2016, and ending no later than January 28, 2017.
PERMITTING- Archery permits will be very limited as participants from 2015, who displayed desired levels of safety, proficiency and participation, are invited to return. Prospective hunters vying for the remaining permits must complete and submit an application to the site of their choice (one application per person; applicant may submit to one site only) beginning August 22, 2016, and no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 9.
Permits will be tentatively issued via a lottery drawing beginning at 5 p.m. at each park on the following dates:
- Warwick County Park - Tuesday, September 13
- Hibernia County Park - Wednesday, September 14
- Nottingham County Park - Thursday, September 15
All applicants will be required to have successfully completed the Pennsylvania Game Commission Successful Bowhunting Course by September 1, 2016 to be considered for participation. A copy of the certification card will be required as part of the application process.
Goose Hunting at Chambers Lake
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will determine the seasons and bag limits in August for goose hunting at Hibernia County Park on a first-come, first-served basis beginning on Monday, October 1, 2016 during regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All hunting party members must present a valid 2016 PA Hunting License, 2016 PA Migratory Game Bird License, and if 16 or older, a 2016 Federal Migratory Duck Stamp.
For more information, call Hibernia County Park at 610-383-3812.
There will no longer be a general hunting process in place for the Hatfield and McGrail sites in West Caln Township, or the Linfield and Sanatoga Basins in East Coventry Township. Archery hunting for deer only will be permitted at these locations.
Three (3) permits per site will be issued via lottery drawing:
- September 13 at Warwick County Park for the Linfield and Sanatoga Basins
- September 14 at Hibernia County Park for the McGrail and Hatfileld properties
- August 22 - September 9 - Archery Applications Due
- September 1 - Completed PGC Successful Bowhunting Course
- September 13 - 15 - Lottery Drawings for Permits
- October 1 - January 28 - Regulated Archery Season for White-Tail Deer
- October 1 - Goose Hunting Permits Available