2017 Hunting Summary
Archery Hunting for White-Tailed Deer
Regulated archery hunting for white-tailed deer will take place during all open archery hunting seasons in predetermined areas beginning September 16, 2017 and ending no later than January 27, 2018 at:
APPLICATION & PERMITTING
Archery permits will be very limited as participants from 2016, who displayed desired levels of safety, proficiency and participation, are invited to return. Prospective hunters vying for the remaining permits must complete and submit an application to the site of their choice (one application per person; applicant may submit to one site only) beginning Monday, August 14 and no later than 4 PM on Friday, September 1, 2017.
Permits will be tentatively issued via a lottery drawing beginning at 5 PM at each park on the following dates:
- Warwick County Park - Tuesday, September 5
- Hibernia County Park - Wednesday, September 6
- Nottingham County Park - Thursday, September 7
A junior archery hunter may apply with an adult guardian and be drawn as, and issued, one (1) permit.
All applicants will be required to have effectively completed the Pennsylvania Game Commission Successful Bow Hunting Course by September 1, 2017 to be considered for participation. A copy of the certification card will be required as part of the application process.
Goose Hunting at Chambers Lake
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will determine the seasons and bag limits in August. Permits may be obtained at Hibernia County Park on a first-come, first-served basis beginning on Monday, October 2, 2017 during regular office hours of 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
All hunting party members must present a valid 2017 PA Hunting License, PA Migratory Game Bird License, and if 16 or older, a Federal Migratory Duck Stamp.
For more information, call Hibernia County Park at 610-383-3812.
Three (3) permits per site will be issued via lottery drawing:
- Tuesday, September 5 at Warwick County Park for the Linfield and Sanatoga Basins
- Wednesday, September 6 at Hibernia County Park for the McGrail and Hatfield properties
- August 14 - September 1 - Archery Applications Due
- September 1 - Completed PGC Successful Bow Hunting Course
- September 5 - 7 - Lottery Drawings for Archery Permits
- September 16 - January 27 - Regulated Archery Season for White-Tailed Deer
- October 2 - Goose Hunting Permits available at Hibernia County Park